1. Read thoroughly through the owner's manual, which is included in your warranty packet. The hints and suggestions are industry accepted safety and maintenance standards, We encourage you to enroll in classes on the proper operation of your boat, which are available through the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, U.S. Power Squadrons, and/or the American Red Cross Chapters, Consult your owner's manual on where to contact these sources for further information on training and education, For further information about boats, which include electrical components, refer to your Alumacraft owner's manual.
2. Make sure you always have a U.S. Coast Guard Approved Personal Flotation Device on board for each passenger. 3. Make sure you read the capacity plate and never exceed the persons, horsepower, and maximum capacities of the boat or canoe. 4. Care must be taken in selecting the correct size and type of trailer for your boat. See your owner's manual on choosing the correct trailer for your Alumacraft Boat. Your boat must be properly supported to prevent wear and/or damage to the hull when transporting by trailer, hull weight should be supported on trailer along the main keel and across the transom, your boat must be secured firmly to the trailer with tie downs at the transom and bow to prevent the hull from bouncing or shifting on the trailer. Trailer transom supports must be used when motors are transported on the boat in the tilt position, NOTE: ALUMACRAFT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AS A RESULT OF IMPROPER SELECTION OR SET-UP OF THE TRAILER. 5. When storing your ALUMACRAFT on concrete, make sure you place cardboard or wood between boat and concrete, Aluminum boats stored outside should be upside down and at a slight angle to provide drainage or equipped with mooring cover to prevent weather damage.
6. Antifouling Protection: Never use metal base antifouling compounds on your Alumacraft boat. Antifouling compounds containing copper, mercury, arsenic, or lead are not recommended. Organotin based antifouling paints such as tributyltin oxides are recommended by the Aluminum Association for antifouling protection in salt or brackish water.
7. We recommend the use of aluminum or stainless fittings, do not place steel, brass, bronze or copper fittings in direct contact with aluminum hulls, Separate with gaskets or bushings or micarta or other plastics to prevent electrolytic action, 8. Your Alumacraft boat is constructed of corrosion resistant Marine Aluminum Alloy. After repeated use in salt or brackish water check occasionally for signs of pitting or excessive corrosion, which are signs of possible electrolytic action. Always rinse in fresh water after removing from salt or brackish water. An occasional application of car wax will help to preserve the original finish, 9. Do not make any modifications or repairs that will affect the structural integrity or floatation capabilities of the boat without prior written consent from Alumacraft Boat Company, to do so shall void the warranty and all responsibility and liability for the performance and capabilities of the boat shall then be assumed by the person or persons making said unauthorized modifications or repairs. 10. Use common sense afloat. Boating is fun with an Alumacraft boat. Remember, waves are not soft, and even a large ship slows down when the going is rough.
11. This is not an exhaustive list of all safety and care instructions. Consult your Alumacraft owner's manual and other sources, e.g. U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Power Squadrons and Iocal state regulations for such general information,
ALUMACRAFT fishing boats and canoes meet or exceed all current applicable National Marine Manufacturers Association and U.S. Coast Guard regulations in effect at date of manufacture of product.
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 1, 2001
20-YEAR "2XB HULL SYSTEM" and 10-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Warranty and Adjustment Agreement
REGISTRATION OF PURCHASE: Applicable provisions of federal law provide for defect notification to first purchasers, Failure to register your purchase with the manufacturer constitutes waiver of this right to defect notification, Registration likewise simplifies service, should it ever be required, First purchasers are encouraged, therefore, to register their purchase within 30 days after the date of delivery, but this is not a condition precedent to obtaining warranty performance, However, Alumacraft may require proof of purchase as provided in paragraph 5 before any warranty coverage is granted,
Subject to the terms and provisions hereof, Alumacraft warrants to CONSUMER PURCHASERS AND COMMERCIAL PURCHASERS that 1. All warranties shall run in favor of the original retail purchasers only and shall apply only if the original purchaser complies with the provisions hereof
2. Aluminum boats and canoes are warranted against defects in workmanship and materials, subject to the terms and conditions of this warranty as stated herein, EXCLUSIONS: This warranty does not apply to (1) painting, protective finishes, vinyl coverings, seats, carpeting, plastic parts; or, (2) any parts, equipment or accessories manufactured or supplied by other manufacturers, e.g., windshields, pumps, AM/FM radio, cassettes, depth finders, instrumentations, trolling motors, etc, (warranties on such items are made directly by the respective manufacturers,)
3. 2XB Hull System Warranty: For a period of twenty years from the date of purchase by the original consumer purchaser, Alumacraft warrants that any main seam and hull bottom rivets on certain Alumacraft boat models (as specified in paragraph 3.A. below) containing the "2XB Hull System" will be free from defects in materials and workmanship (the "2XB Hull System Warranty") subject to the following limitations and conditions:
A. The 2XB Hull System Warranty shall only apply to (i) the following boat models (commencing with model year 2002) so long as such models are equipped with aluminum hull bottom double plates: Trophy Series, Tournament Pro Series, Dominator Series and Navigator Series and (ii) the aforementioned model boats are purchased by a consumer (as defined in paragraph 7 below).
B. The 2XB Hull System Warranty is subject to the terms and conditions as stated herein including, without limitation, the provisions of paragraphs 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 11, but excluding the provisions of paragraph 7,
C. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES UNDER STATE LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, AS THEY MAY APPLY TO THE ITEMS COVERED BY THE 2XB HULL SYSTEM WARRANTY ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THE 2XB HULL SYSTEM WARRANTY, some states do not allow limitation on how long applied warranties last, so the above limitation may not apply to you,
4. PLYWOOD (Warranty is governed by wood supplier's warranty at time of manufacture of the boat.)
A. Limited Warranty is extended to the original boat owner for 10 years from the date of manufacture and is not transferable B. Limited Warranty covers plywood failure due to fungal decay, termite damage, delaminating or structural failure of the plywood in normal recreation usage.
C. Limited Warranty provides for replacement of plywood, other materials and labor directly associated with repairs at its factory to the failed plywood for the first 5 years from the date of manufacture of the boat. After 5 years, the Warranty provides for replacement of plywood only at its factory, with the original purchaser being liable for all freight charges to and from the factory and all labor charges
D. In no case shall Alumacraft be held responsible where plywood has been immersed in water; causing damage to the panels in the form of shrinkage, swelling or discoloration; or where any other physical and/or decay damage has occurred to the plywood caused by improper installation, or the use of corrosive fasteners, Note: Minor warping of wood doors or panels is not covered.
5. Subject to the warranty procedure set forth in paragraph 6, Alumacraft will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, defective parts, articles, or products covered by this warranty. Your sole and exclusive remedy is the repair or replacement of components covered by this warranty. ALUMACRAFT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR (a) INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM BREACH OF WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER CAUSE (b) ANY SUM IN EXCESS OF THE COST TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THE DEFECTIVE PART, ARTICLE, OR PRODUCT, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (c) DAMAGE OR INJURY CAUSED BY ACCIDENT, MISUSE, NEGLECT, UNAUTHORIZED REPAIR, ALTERATIONS, OVERPOWERING, OVERLOADING IN EXCESS OF ALUMACAFT'S CAPACITY RATING, IMPROPER TRAILERING, OR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ALUMACRAFT'S RECOMMENDATIONS RELATING TO USE AND CARE OF THE BOAT OR CANOE PURCHASED. Without limiting cases of misuse or neglect, it is understood that the failure to operate at reduced speeds in rough water, the failure to rinse in clear water promptly after use in brackish water or salt water, leaving in brackish water or salt water when not in use, the application of metal-base anti-fouling paint, and towing a canoe behind a power boat, shall constitute misuse. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you.
6. WARRANTY PROCEDURE: All claims under this warranty must be submitted directly to an authorized Alumacraft Dealer in writing or by delivery of the part, article or product to the dealer, with a copy of the claim sent to: Warranty Department, Alumacraft Boat Co., 315 West St. Julien, St. Peter, MN 56082 or Alumacraft Boat Co, Hwy. 67 Box 189, Arkadelphia, AR 71923, stating the HIN Serial Number of the product, the name of the authorized dealer from whom it was purchased, the date of purchase, and a complete and accurate description of the claimed defect. The date of receipt by Alumacraft of a proper written claim will determine the applicable schedule of charges, as stated in paragraph 7, which shall apply to any work performed under the warranty or the timeliness of such claim for purposes of the "2XB Hull System Warranty" or the 1 year warranty period specified in paragraph 8 for commercial purchasers, Upon receipt of a warranty claim, Alumacraft will investigate the claimed defect; and if it is established to Alumacraft's satisfaction that the defect is within the provisions of this warranty, the defective part, article or product must be shipped to Alumacraft, at its request, for repair, If requested by Alumacraft, claimant must submit proof of purchase satisfactory to Alumacraft prior to any further investigation of the warranty claim or any warranty work being performed, Freight charges applicable to the conveyance of the part, article or product to and from the dealer and/or the factory shall be borne by owner. The investigation of the warranty claim as well as any work, which needs to be performed in connection with a reported defect, shall be undertaken within a reasonable time period,
7. CONSUMER PURCHASERS: Warranty work, (including warranty work under any implied warranties) on the above model boats purchased by a consumer (meaning buyer other than for purposes of resale or use in the ordinary course of the buyer's business) will be performed for 10 years from the date of purchase in accordance with schedule of charges below:
EXCEPTION: Refer to paragraph 3 for "2XB Hull System Warranty" and paragraph 4 covering plywood warranty.
(Years) 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Mfg Pays 100% 100% 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10%
Owner Pays -0- -0- 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% 90%
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES UNDER STATE LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY AND ARE SUBJECT TO THE ABOVE SCHEDULE OF CHARGES. Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you,
8. COMMERCIAL PURCHASERS: Warranty work described in paragraph 5 on aluminum boats and canoes not purchased by a consumer will be performed at no charge for a period of one year from the date of purchase, THE WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE THE ONLY WARRANTIES APPLICABLE TO ALUMACRAFT BOATS AND CANOES PURCHASED FOR RESALE OR USE IN THE BUYER'S BUSINESS AND ARE EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
9. NO WARRANTIES ARE MADE ON PRODUCTS SOLD OUTSIDE THE NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT,
10. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary, from state to state.
11. This document is the entire warranty and Alumacraft does not authorize any person or persons to change its terms